Monday, March 7, 2011

Chateau De Fleurs


Hello my Sweet Hearts...
I had the bestest weekend ever, I hope you had a wonderful one too!
I knew that on Saturday there was going to be a wonderful show, Chateau De Fleurs, at Christie Repasy's house in Fallbrook, CA. Fallbrook is a ways from my house & I wasn't sure I wanted to drive that far, but when I woke up to blue skies, the sun shining brightly & a temp of about 76 degrees, I knew I HAD to make the trek & I am SOOOO GLAD I did! It was truly FABULOUS!  ;)


First of all I fell in LOVE with Fallbrook. What a charming place, with all the small town quaintness of a little berg in Texas...I could TOTALLY live there!
Walking up to Christie's house,  I was greeted by this vignette with one of my favorites, a vintage bicycle with a basket full of flowers...I knew I was in the right place.


The glimmer of white tent tops surrounded me,


along with this wonderful vintage bed, set up right at the entrance...yummy!


You might remember, I just worked with Lisa Loria on a new blog design & I knew she was going to be at this show, which was one of the reasons I wanted to go. I love to get to know my bloggie friends better & really wanted to meet her & see some of her art in person...she is AMAZING! 


What a talent!! She & I talked like old friends for a long time & I adored everything about her. She lives not too far from me & I'm hoping we'll have a chance to get together again...maybe we could play 'ART'!


Thankfully, we will be working together soon, as she wants me to help her create a
cohesive look between her blog & print work.
Lisa's art is filled with so much whimsy & color, I just love working with it...I can't wait!



After talking Lisa's ear off I headed over to see Christie's shop, Christie Repasy Designs,
right there in her house. I mean really, a dream come true!
Who wouldn't want there store to be literally in their own backyard?


Christie is renown for her gorgeous floral designs, but it's her ROSES that takes your breath away & reminds you of a much sweeter time & place.


Her shop was delicious all in pink & hardwood, so feminine. Can you imagine falling asleep on this beautiful bed surrounded by roses? What sweet dreams one might have.


You can see Christie's work at her on-line shop, Chateau De Fleurs  & find out a little bit more about her on her blog. She has this show at her house 4 times a year & the next event will be June 3rd & 4th, so you just might want to mark your calenders & go...I know you'll enjoy it, I sure did!


Now along with Christie, another presenter of Chateau De Fleur is Rita Reade of Mammabellarte & blog fame. She is creative beyond belief & teaches classes in soldering, which I have wanted to take since I met her at a show in Redlands a few months back.


I LOVE her style, everything in dreamy creams & whites. Look at this birdhouse, screw the birds...I want to live there! LOL


So much more to see...I will have to break my day into 2 posts, or no one will ever get through it all!
That's just how much cool STUFF was at this show!!
Thanks for coming along with me, I can't wait to show you all the rest of my day at...
Chateau De Fleur!

XOXO
vintagesusie

14 comments:

Gracie's Cottage said...

Looks like a dreamy show!

Jan

Alice said...

Oh you have all the fun! Can't wait to see the rest!

Anji Johnston said...

Next time I 'really' want to come along with you!! If only you lived closer or the other way around for that matter! And oh, to see the sun - haven't had a lot of that here in Va lately. Some day.... Can't wait to see lots more and thanks for sharing!

Lisa Loria said...

You are an ANGEL Susie!
It is so nice to meet someone and feel like
they are part of your soul and you have been friends forever!
I look forward to our friendship, working together more and YES
an ART day. Let's get it on the calendar!
Hugs,
Lisa

Cameron said...

How cool! Fallbrooks not too far from me now...yippee!

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Sigh...so much beauty so far away! Thanks for taking us along!!!

Plush Possum Studio said...

We had so much fun on our first visit here, that we will be back around for more! So many pretties!
Loving your banner! We may aspire to make our next one be more clear about who we are and what we offer, much as you have done, but with a different look, of course! Right now, it's remodel time at the studio's blog, so we look a sight! But we are more enthused than before about this process after coming by here. Thank you so much for sharing all this beauty!
Rose & Studio Friends

amy~ the gypsy chick said...

how cute! i am totally drooling over every photo!
can't wait to see you soon sweets!
XoXXo
amy

Unknown said...

I want to play art with you and Lisa!!!!!!!!!
Wow, Susie, what a great place to be. So much beauty and inspiration in one place. Amazing!!!
xoxo
lynn

chateau de fleurs said...

How thoughtful of you to do such a sweet post on our show, I can't wait to see the rest! xo Christie

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This sure looks like fun, Susie...beautiful goodies! Thanks so much for your encouraging comment about my kitchen re-do!

Pearl said...

oh wow! How Beautiful! Wish I was there!! Im a sucker for antique shows! Looks like it was a lot of fun!!


Pearl

Junk Fairy said...

Hey Girlie, yes! I remember chatting with you. We are the shoe girls LOL!! I think I still have the box, I'll have to look. Your blog is beautiful and I love all the photos you took. It was a pleasure meeting you!
Smiles,
Eloise

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Susie, so nice for you to come! We have to hang out together more often, to give you a chance to learn my language, lol. Lisa is making progress, she is an amazing person and friend, I am so glad you were able to create her new blog. See you at Glitterfest. Ciao Rita mammabellarte