Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Thirty Days of Truth...


Happy Hump Day Sweet Hearts!
Now that I'm in self imposed unemployment, I find I have no hump day to look forward to anymore. I'm not complaining!! Working the weekends at the shop made my hump day Friday, which never really seemed right. Friday is suppose to be a party day, end of the week day...but it was my hump day. On this Wednesday, I stayed in my jammies ALL day & played on the computer. I started in the morning, by helping a friend with her background on her blog, which led me to choosing a new background for my blog, which made me have to create a new banner to match the colors of the new background, which made me want to change the colors of my fonts, which...enough all ready! Yes, it's 5pm & I'm still in my jammies...that's a TRUTH!

My sweet friend Linda from Ye Olde Crones Gazette blog fame has summoned any of her friends to join her in a challenge...30 Days of Truth! I am taking on this quest for truth, but I'm doing it a little differently. Instead of answering a statement everyday, I will answer several at a time with a few posts in between just to mix it up a bit. Join us if you dare & if not, I hope you enjoy getting to know your bloggy friends a little bit better. Here we go...

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself

Day 2: Something you love about yourself

Day 3:Something you have to forgive yourself for

Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone else for

Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life

Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do

Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living

Day 8: Someone who has made your life hell or treated you badly

Day 9: Someone you didn't want to let go, but who drifted

Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn't know

Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on

Day 12: Something you never get compliments on

Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough times

Day 14: A hero that has let you down

Day 15: Something or someone you couldn't live without

Day 16: Something or someone you could definitely live without

Day 17: A book you've read that changed your view on something

Day 18: Your views on gay marriage

Day 19: What is your opinion of religion?

Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol.

Day 21: (Scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you got into a fight a couple of hours before. What do you do?

Day 22: Something you wish you hadn't done in your life

Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life

Day 24: Make a playlist to someone and explain why you chose those songs

Day 25: The reason you believe you're still alive today

Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life?

Day 27: What's the best thing you've got going for you right now?

Day 28: What would you do if you got pregnant (or got someone pregnant) right now?

Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself

Day 30: A letter to yourself

Number1: Something you hate about yourself.
My WEIGHT! It seems like this has been something I've thought about forever. In Jr High I weighed 124lbs. All of my friends weighed 105 ~ 110lbs. I'm 5'8" & looking back I think "You Fool, why didn't you embrace 124 lbs? If you had only known that would be the lightest you would be, maybe it wouldn't have sounded so bad!" In HS I weighed 142, yet all my friends weighed 115 ~ 125. How was I to know that at 142, I'd be at my prime? Yeah, it would definitely have to be my WEIGHT!

XOXO
vintagesusie

8 comments:

trash talk said...

You are my hero. I don't know if I would have the bajungas to tackle this many truths about myself...then expose it for all the world to read! Oh mylanta...maybe half...but never all!
Girl...you look great. As long as you feel good and look good...pay no attention to the scales behind the curtain.
Debbie

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I'm hollering hurray for my buddy Susie....This is proving to be more thought provoking than I had expected but I feel really good about doing the 30 days. If you notice, I too have cheated a bit by posting once in the morning and once at night. Shhhhhh don't tell.
I'm gonna enjoy learning more about a super gal.
The Olde Bagg.

Alice said...

I love the new look of your blog, and had to laugh at how it got this way. It reminded me of the book 'If You Give A Mouse A Cookie', a favorite of my kids.

30 days of truth....interesting, though I'm not sure I would want to answer all of them.

Happy Hump Day to you too!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Hi susie~ ~Thanks for stopping by so that I could find your lovely blog. I know I will be a regular visitor. I have done some back tracking and enjoyed my visit very much. It's so nice to meet you.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Beach House Living said...

Your are motivated for sure. It's amazing how busy one can be right at home isn't it?

julie miller said...

Hello Susie! These questions are very thought provoking and I salute you for tackling the daily posting--don't think I'm disciplined enough to do that!!! I totally agree with you on the weight thing!! That would be my answer too and would KILL to weigh what I weighed in high school!!! On that subject-I hope you get your CAKE for your birthday! HA-HA! Love, Julie

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for stopping by, following, and leaving your sweet words about my blog. Your blog is lovely, too! I've resisted the urge to "tweak" my blog because I know it will begin a vicious cycle of several changes! I hear you on the weight factor. I could slap myself for complaining about being a size 4 in college. If I only knew then what I knew now. We exchange weight for wisdom. Ha!

Hugs to you and nice "meeting" you,
Jami

The Boston Lady said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha. You are so great. You hit the nail on the head with the weight issue and why didn't I embrace my HS weight. I was 125 lbs in high school. Never saw that number again. And I felt like a moose! Not sure I'm brave enough to take this challenge, but I admire you for going forth with it. Too many people involved in my truths read my blog, so I would feel stifled! You go for it and I will live vicariously through you! Ann